Tuesday, November 5, 2013

COOL APPS: Passbook

After not wanting to print a boarding pass last week, I decided to innovate and use the American Airlines app on my cell phone to check into my flight. When I logged in to the app and the boarding pass image appeared, it gave me the option on the bottom left corner of the screen to export it into an app Apple automatically installs on your iPhone called Passbook.

Not aware of how Passbook could be used, I was impressed that it saved your boarding pass without needing to re-connect to the Internet every time like opening it in Safari would do. It does this not only with airline tickets, but any tickets-movies, shows, etc.


It even sends you push notifications for flight updates such as gate and boarding time, and for a ticket as important as a flight, leaves it on your home screen until the flight takes off and the ticket is scanned - making access convenient. 


I definitely recommend using Passbook in the future as an effective way to track tickets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment