Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week in Review

Mid-September has been full of events, work, drama, homework and more!

Sunday evening Mizzou Student Foundation held a Grateful Tigers party, where students on scholarships attend and write thank you notes to their donors. Here's Truman and I smiling at the end of the event!


Monday, we had a nice lunch for Laura's birthday and enjoyed the sunny afternoon. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were full of studying for the first marketing exam, which was more difficult than one could ever anticipate, and more online history lessons! Thursday night I went to an alumni networking dinner through True Tiger, which I'll explain more further in the next post. It was a week where I got little sleep and looked forward to Friday the entire time, and Friday was spent with stress, more history work and getting more clients for the Maneater! I was very pleased with my first pay check and look forward to the rest of the semester!

Friday evening after pomping, the Phi Retreat for new members was held! As a member of the KROP committee, I got to help out at the new member retreat and watch their pledge class bond while the helpers from my pledge class bonded, which was fun. I played taxi-er through Columbia going from the Rock Bridge area to campus 6 times back and forth to bring people over, but all the girls had a great time. I never noticed how many hills exist in Columbia/the rest of the midwest except Chicago!

Saturday kicked off Mizzou home football games for me since I missed last week's McNeese State game (who cares about them anyway?) and Laura, Kathryn, Amy and I tailgated a bit.

M-I-Z......Z-O-U!! Even with some rain and playing San Diego State, who is surprisingly ranked 6 in offense and was a very good team, it was a full game! The spirit was not very exciting until the end when it was a very strong competition, with Mizzou only winning 27-24 with a touchdown in the last 2 minutes. I unfortunately was one of the lame people who left early, not just due to rain, but overall exhaustion from the week. Thank you to ESPN text updates on Amy's phone, I was well aware of what was going on :)

(more pictures to come next post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment