Saturday, September 18, 2010

More of Iowa: Edit

After yet another week of this craziness I like to call this semester, I haven't had time to update the blog. But I've obviously wanted to so expect a couple of updates besides this one in the next couple of hours or so!

First, I'd like to give a shout out to my mother for directing me toward the correct definition of sanitary landfill. As lovely as it means, this signifies that human sewage are in these landfills, making them even more unsanitary for that matter, but meaning they have nowhere else to store it. LOVE rural areas. Thanks mom!

Here are some pictures from last weekend's Iowa trip so you can visualize what I said in the last post!

The horse on the road!

Helen and I at her Linden friends' apartment!

By one of Iowa State's main buildings on campus, kind of comparable to Jesse Hall at Mizzou. It's a pretty quad-type area!

Another building on the quad of our campus tour, proving where I was. Ha.

We both have the same Macbook Pro, camera and cell phone!! How crazy is that?!

At parties at Iowa State, boys carry backpacks around. I was in shock.

Saturday night was September 11, but we did not put together that people would have an America party. So people came in red, white and blue....and this shirt. Wow.

Leaving the house on Sunday and appreciating how beautiful sorority living rooms are!

I ended by appealing the parking ticket I got from the Ames police this week because in their Greek'land', they alternate which days of the week they park on which side of the street. That would be too complicated for Mizzou.

No comments:

Post a Comment