Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Time to be on the computer!

OBT (Orthodox Basic Training) has ended and we (interns and staff) are resting up and preparing for the next one! I got 11 hours of sleep today (as opposed to last week where I got 11 hours of sleep in 3 nights) and we went into downtown Rosarito for laundry/tacos. I now like guacamole and cheese (this is a big deal). Six beautiful homes are built in San Jose de la Zorra and we are driving down to visit them again tomorrow.

It was a really fun experience as an intern at OBT-getting to meet a ton of cool people, see a little bit of all of the sites, and knowing the boys at the orphanage pretty well. Until next Tuesday, we'll be doing prep work, hanging out with them (which definitely helps my Spanish) and doig fun things like what we're doing now- baking banana bread with a surplus of the extra bananas!

Anna, Emily and I had a fun experience at the Mexican grocery store yesterday as everything is in Spanish, pesos, and they don't have the same things we do. Ex: no chocolate chips. And pan (bread) is SO good, and much more reasonably priced than in the US.

I feel like I have so many stories to post on here, but I just blank because I've done SO MUCH in the past two weeks that I can't even remember it all (aka why I have a journal). The end of OBT was great because I can say that I met almost all of the people that came and look forward to meeting a ton more soon! And the boys at the orphanage have been awesome! We get closer and closer every day and Anna and I started a 'silly bands' trend so everyone has the bracelets with random objects-shaped-rubber bands.

Maybe I'll bring my journal here later and post a few, because the only thing I can think of as I hear the bull making noises outside is that it escaped the other day, ran around the ranch and knocked out two tents. Today the cat came in our trailer and I had to shoo it out, which took longer than anticipated. But we got everything cleaned up from OBT and are ready for another good week! The work and building process will be so much easier this time!

More to come, and thanks to everyone who sent me letters! It's really made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment