Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ending my time in Northbrook

Upon reflection, this month has flown by and now I am finishing up my packing for Mexico!! I'm saying goodbyes, finishing up last shifts at Fridays and trying to get organized.

Maybe my life wouldn't be such a wreck if I didn't keep getting injured. First my arm (cast off tomorrow!! *God-willing*) and then I hit my head at work on Saturday night and practically got a concussion...in addition to my already-cracked left toe from Mark Twain's Homecoming barbecue, wow. I keep getting more and more stories from Fridays--from this, to our new requirement of memorizing every recipe and ingredient on the menu...only making me hungrier..., to my crazy tables. My tables have stopped reacting to the cast, which is pretty funny...like how do they know if I got injured a month ago or yesterday? Tonight I had a table that didn't have enough money to pay, some teenagers who didn't leave me a tip, and my middle school gym teacher in my section. Ohh work. But now, Maria will get to have the experiences I had as she starts hosting there tomorrow! We won't work together until late July but I can't wait to hear her reaction to the restaurant industry.

Eleni and I were going over things I will now have the capability to do without my cast. It was funny because they were all normal day-to-day duties--like wash my own hair, carry things with two hands, get dressed easily...oh the simple things in life. I get to work one shift at work cast-less, so I'll see how quickly my wrist heals pretty soon.

I began compiling another quote book- this one is just amusing quotes said this summer, so I'll post them after I get back from Mexico when there will probably be a lot more :). Example: yesterday at the Flamm household, Becca describing a situation as "sketch-a-me-street!"

I'm off to continue packing but have a good night! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment