Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May begins!

Hello my readers! There is plenty to update you on since the end of April and since both Mom and Maria have visited in the past two weeks! Stories will be told in photos, but I am at school for 9 more days and couldn't be any more disappointed to come home :(. The past 2 weeks have been uber-busy filled with exams before finals, Phi Mu things, random events, initiation into NRHH (National Residence Hall Honorary), becoming Team Development Chair for Relay For Life and more!

When Mom got here for Phi Mu moms weekend, we did the typical and took a photo by the fireplace! After a dinner at a very Columbia-like restaurant Addisons, we saw Ben Bailey, a comedian who hosts the show Cash Cab, at DeJavu! The next evening, she took the Twainers out to dinner along with Kathryn and her mom, Brenda. The four of us are on the right and our mothers and the Twainers at Mackenzie's Prime Steak House are on the left :D.


The next morning, we had a nice brunch at the Tiger Hotel. After running typical mother-daughter errands, Patricia returned to Northbrook after a rainy weekend in Missouri and sure enough, the weather got better next week. Ahhh, but it was a lovely weekend!

On the right, I supported Delta Chi's philanthropy by pie-ing Matt Rocchio in the face! What a great way to raise money :P!


Then, I became a mother myself!! Half kidding. Rachel Field in Phi Mu's spring pledge class is my little now so during Big-Little Week, I made her the gifts on the left! I was revealed on Friday afternoon and then we took some family photos! On the right is Rachel, me, Shelley and Cassie...a family with a great grandmother! How awesome!


Here are our extended family pictures :)!


Then, Maria decided she liked me. Or at least enough to pay $120 in Megabus tickets to come visit Mizzou! She loved college life and hanging out in the dorms and with my friends, and hopefully had an awesome weekend!


Saturday night, as an ambassador event through Mizzou Student Foundation (MSF), I had the huge honor of attending the Jefferson Club Dinner at the Mizzou Alumni Association (MAA). The Jefferson Club is an organization for individuals who donate over $25,000 to Mizzou in private donations and contributions, so it was an honor to meet and sit at a nice dinner with such people. Someone in MSF described this as a dinner for the people on our campus who have buildings named after them, and he was right. I saw a nametag for Mrs. Rollins, met Mr. & Mrs. Thomas & Nell Laffere who donated Engineering East, and saw multiple other common names popular around Mizzou.

Not only did being here give me another nice magnetic nametag, but I also got to be at the unveiling of 3 new notable alumni on the wall in Jesse Hall and a convocation for new members of the Jefferson Club. Here, I spoke to and met the 3 notable alumni added to the board: Ron Powers (who was the keynote speaker of the night, J-School alum), Jerry Caulder, a scientist who now resides in California, and the brother of Larry Smarr since he could not be present. It was awesome to accompany such accomplished individuals and I greatly look forward to attending this in the future!!


Stopping by AEPi's beach party!

Nikki, Melanie, me, Kathryn & Danielle The ultimate awkward photo


No comments:

Post a Comment