Sunday, May 9, 2010

Freshman year is coming to an end

Although I just got home, I actually began this post at Mizzou and never published it :)

The end of the school year was very depressing and as happy as some college students are to go home, I wasn't at all. It's sad to leave the people you have lived with all year and say goodbye. Our proposal was to push mine and Kate's beds together and end by sleeping in one bed, and close to that happened but you'll see that in a future post.

The last week began with Phi Mu initiation of the spring pledge class. It was very nice to appreciate such a ceremony as an initiated member and I look forward to seeing them in the future! It was held at the house instead of a different location so it was nice to see an entire chapter in our kitchen.

Shortly after, room picks began. Kathryn and I were the only two sophomores to successfully receive a two man room in the house and will be living in room 303 (3OH3!?) next year! We want to make street signs for our hallway on the 3rd floor and are very excited!

Reminder: I'm going to write a book about all of the public reactions to Kathryn Jankowski's sneezes. Here are only a few of the funny stories since she sneezes so loudly:
-In the middle of an Economics 1051 exam and the entire class laughed
-When she was about to sleep during my nap and ran out of the room
-In WalMart and women at the register started laughing

After Sunday, I had some free time before my two hard but non-cumulative finals. There were two late night breakfasts, one at Memorial Union and one at Mark Twain, where it was nice to see everyone last time in a gruop setting. It's kind of sad and awkward because it's not like college has yearbooks so you kind of end on a random note with acquaintances/people you live with unless you approach them or tell them the awkward phrase of "See you in the fall!". I wonder if that implies that you don't want to talk to them over the summer, or just you know you won't besides on Facebook news feed. In high school, when you say bye, you know you are bound to see those people around over the summer, but with college people in an out-of-state school, you just won't. You have to put forth effort to keep in touch with who you want to, and while I realize that, I feel like a lot of people get that hit at this point in their life.

That being said, I'm excited to keep in touch with my close friends not only via text/phone/Skype/Facebook/this and more, but with our Twain memories blog we made. I'll link that post soon, but below are some photos from the last few nights in Twain!

The pool was like the Bellagio...everyone was sitting around it, red cups floating around, and just hanging out enjoying the sun! On the right was our last Hu Hot dinner.



We had the luckiness of getting to go to Quinton's bar on the roof! A lot of Phi Mus showed up!



On the left is our storage unit. How adult-like we feel :). Mike and I are outside Macaroni Grill on the right and he is being a typical college student taking to-go loaves of bread to have food for the last week haha.



How upsetting does the room look with all the photos taken down?! Shaina, Kate, me, Kathryn, Hannah and Amy are having one last chill night before finals begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment