Saturday, May 15, 2010

Goodbye Mark Twain

The last few nights in Twain were depressing, but well-lived. We started off Wednesday night (after both of my finals were over, relaxation!!) with an appreciation dinner with the J&C Community Government and PAs (peer advisors) with community funds, having a nice dinner at Addisons. It was really great to catch up with the PAs and see them as real people instead of just employees on your floor. I think our group really got lucky with four of the best students on campus who could provide so much for my living environment and am so glad I know all of them as well as we do. Thanks to Max, Shane, Amy and Lindsay, who are in the group picture below. The board plus Shaina and Laura are on the right :).


Thursday was a lot of packing up and doing the lasts. The pictures below are what I will always think of as the Twain girls and my current best friends--Kate, Kathryn, Laura, Amy & Shaina--at the last supper in the dining hall and at Dejavu. The office party went well in my opinion, we took 15 people to Dejavu for the 4 comedians that went that night and had a fun night listening to them/hanging out and dancing together.


The Twainers that came- Alex, Miles, Kyle, Sherman, Andrew, Laura, Kate, Kathryn, Shaina, Amy, and our favorite building on MU's campus to the right of course

We ended the night pretty symbolically in my opinion. After stopping by AEPi, El Rancho and Taco Bell, TBell which was actually out of chicken, beans, beef and cheese....(ironic), we sat in Shaina and Danielle's room reflecting upon our year and creating a Twain blog. It was amusing to me because that's where we conversed in the beginning of the year, and with such an interesting turnaround, still where we got to end it :). Shaina went to bed around 5 am and we moved to mine and Kate's room, also a normal place to end, where the 518-519 suite and Sherman and Andrew slept very preciously. For 20 minutes before I left haha.

n

My mom came around 7 am and Laura, Kathryn and I went downstairs sadly. Had to take a photo by the Twain sign, because I'll miss it so much, and we took one last suitemates photo. It was sad to go home and I will miss all of my Twainers and Mizzou-ers so much!!!!! Love you guys and thanks for a phenomenal first year of college!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment