Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The 99th Annual Mizzou Homecoming

Last week definitely falls under one of the most eventful and exciting weeks of my college career. Not only can one appreciate the time and effort put into Homecoming, but living in a Greek chapter while doing so allows for constant energy. Like last entry's explanation breakdown, here is a photo breakdown of the week so you can see how much fun Mizzou Homecoming is and attend the Centennial Homecoming Celebration next year from Oct. 13-15, 2011!

Here are a group of Phi Mu girls before announcements. We were nominated for multiple superlative categories and had the best actress as a chess pawn, and won third place in skit!


Me, Kathryn and Sherman at "Fling Finals," or the final skit presentations held in Jesse Hall.
Shelley and I with Truman after the Midnight Breakfast on Thursday evening, where we spend all night putting up the House Decorations to show on Friday!
The House Decorations scene being completed!
The skit in front of the house decs and them all lit up in the evening
BEAT T-SHIRTS
As a member of True Tiger, students have many networking opportunities as well as freebie giveaways. One of the most popular ones is "Beat t-shirts," where free shirts are distributed to the first x amount of people in line. Some of us (a-hem) bring homework to the line and chill there for a few hours picking up these shirts. Oh, what college students will do for free shirts. I used my arm strength to carry over 200 40-page-Maneater newspapers to the line and distribute them! Here's a picture of the line--2,000 free shirts worth of people.

Amy and I by the ESPN bus picking up some free lanyards Friday afternoon!
Andrew's mom was nice and sent a cake for 48 people for his birthday! But if it was sent to a fraternity, it would be gone before he even saw it. So we had a surprise birthday cake break in the middle of our house-decs roaming.
Beetle Bailey, a comic strip created by a Mizzou alum, is a mascot now and here we are at the New Student Center Dedication!
ESPN College Gameday

ESPN College Gameday came to our campus after our success against Texas A&M! Basically, they do a pre-game show and predict who will win, along with getting a ton of fans and signs in the background of the sports reporters. I got there around 8:30 a.m. for the 8 to 11 a.m. show, the perfect time to watch the reporters, scout out the funniest signs and pick up some free things from ESPN-U. Here's the aerial view of the quad!
Photo credit- Columbia Missourian

Laura, Amy and I!
I got this 'tramp stamp' in exchange for a free t-shirt and koozie! Washable and Mizzou-spirited...what can I say?!

What the show looks like on live television/the big screen where we could watch it from! Kind of cool to see US in the background.
Shelley and I with the banners outside the house!
Parade
My ability to group together a massive group of people in less than three seconds since my position as PR has improved! Us by the float the parade!
All the people Laura love- Mrs. Davison, Kathryn, Amy, Maria, Clara, me and Alex at the Davison family tailgate.

My view on tailgating has definitely been altered since last year. Freshman year, I felt like tailgating was a huge waste of time. Why would you sit outside before a game, nonetheless...five hours before it starts, and eat to get more fat when you could be sleeping? Great question. The answer is...for fun and fellowship. Once your good friends are the one hosting the tailgates...you just have to go! Who cares how little sleep you have gotten or how much you have already eaten, you have to go see everyone!

"You" meaning that is my philosophy. I tried taking a 20 minute power nap and hopped out of bed because four hours was not enough to start tailgating. I hit up five tailgates before the game and socialized with everyone I wanted to. Success.
After Mizzou killed Oklahoma 36-27, Passini and I kissed the 50-yard line (a Mizzou tradition) while rushing the field!
Final scoreboard
What the field rush looked like from the student section
Andrew, Sherman and I after the game in our matching Beat Oklahoma t-shirts
M-I-Z-Z-O-U!!

No comments:

Post a Comment