Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September quotes

Short & sweet! Click here for past months' quote lists.

“Typical Greek restaurant sitting people outside when it's about to storm. What do you plan to do with these people? You have no tables inside!” -Eleni, at a Greek diner in Nashville 

“I can get an American Girl doll when I do big girl things. *puts plate in sink* Mom, can I get one now?" -Lena

“When you and Shaina get FOMO that Kathryn, Laura and Sherman are in New York, remember that Andrew is in Knoxville.” -Dad

“We used to have those but our kids are 40 now.” -Neighbor
“I'm in my 40s too (for another 5 months).” -Dad

"And his dad played for the Buffalo Wild Wings" -Anna, meaning Denver Broncos

"And there is Uber in Indianapolis.." -Shaina, let the excitement commence! 

"So I totally understand your mindset of "Chicago is one big Disneyland" now." -Laura

"What's his name?" -Elizabeth
"George? Dean? John? We have six options guys." -Elena, on names of Greek friends 

“I said I was about to hail a cab. Which I wasn't because I hoped he’d pick me up.” -Meredith 

"Moms have serious mom strength." -Hannah

"This hot guy Spyridon..." -Harriet
"Why doesn't he go by Spiro? Or Don?" -Jackie and Hannah

“Katie, I have an apartment with a real kitchen and real things, even toilet paper.” -Maria, when I asked her about her living situation 

“Then we went to the Country Music Hall of Fame.” -Eleni
“Did Mom and Dad know anyone?” -Maria

“It was kind of like the Brad Pitt day at Mizzou where everyone was around looking for him, so it’s good to know that adults don’t grow up either.” -Laura, on adults at the office searching for famous people 

“Who cares about being the center of the Greek community. I’d rather be the center of THE community.” -Anastasia

“The fact that we’re going over how to order pizza for the fifth time, really?” -Meredith, laughing at a slow, repetitive waitress

"I refuse to grow up until I'm 30." -Jordin

"What made the bat mitzvah so exciting? Did she come in on an elephant?" -Kelly


“You’re a first mover, I’m an 86th mover. I won’t hear of this until the end of 2016.” -Katie K at work, on Ello the social network

“Bloody marys and mimosas are only $3 =O. I told my mom and she wasn’t quite as excited.” -Shaina, on a temple event


“I don’t know who to compare him to. We don’t have any friends that are that low key.” -Shaina


“I became friends with this person I don’t know on Facebook, but look how cute these cookies are.” -Mom, on wedding cookies

“My groomsman might not get to the wedding because he's in debt so there's that.” -Gwen

“I don't I go concerts so I'm like oh yeah. We have to stand.” -Meredith

"Your parents go to Milwaukee all the time. It's a big deal for my parents to go to Glenview." -Meredith, on Northbrook life

"And he got off the train at Wellington. Who gets off at Wellington?" -Katie K. 


"And he was like 'So when are you moving back to Chicago?' and I was like okay, how Greek can you get here?" -Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment