Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Facebook phone search

Online tip of the day!

Did you know that if you type in a cellphone number into the Facebook search bar, the person's profile will come up?

At first, we thought this was only possible if you had your cellphone number publicly posted on your profile, but the profile comes up regardless. It worked for all of my friends' numbers who I typed in, and when someone I am not Facebook friends with was searched, they came up along with our mutual friends. Creepy! No guarantees that it will work for everyone, but definitely something to test.

We can't prove this, but my coworker and I think that this is because of the Messenger app. Guess there IS a reason everyone needs to have the app to be able to read your messages...data collection. Looks like Facebook might become the new phone book. Give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment