Friday, September 12, 2014

Owen & Engine

After eating at Au Cheval in the West Loop, one of my coworkers recommended another restaurant for a great burger - Owen and Engine. It's a little off the beaten path near Diversey & Western Avenue, between west Lakeview & Logan Square. Hannah, Harriet and I trekked out on a Tuesday night for the evening special - a burger, beer & bourbon for only $15!

The entire menu immediately looked phenomenal and the restaurant exceeded my expectations. With a dark, living room vibe like Barrelhouse Flat, the ambiance was fun and perfect for a nice dinner without getting too fancy. The burger was the best I've had in Chicago and I look forward to going back. Highly recommended, check it out!
Farm beer burger on a potato bun with caramelized onions
For dessert, we had lavender ice cream sandwiched between two brownies, with a chocolate cookie + peanut butter ball on the side. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment