Monday, December 1, 2014

October + November quotes

I accidentally skipped October, so decided to combine the past two months' quote lists

“What gift did you get them Alex?”
“It’s still in [my hometown]."
"Did your mom get it?"
"Oh yeah.”
  
“And you count and we have 11 different kinds of cookies.” -Yiayia Nikie
  
“Half the people from the wedding are from Dallas.” 
“You better not get Ebola.”
  
"What's the first thing you do when you see him…jump in his arms?" -Romantic girl 
"Probably hand him my suitcase." -Kalyn’s roommates

“I think the saddest thing I’ve ever googled is cooking for one.” -Andrea

“So we can be on the outlook. I don’t even know what that means, that’s not even English.” -Shaina, on someone who works in her building
  
“Who wants cheese blintzes? You guys are probably the only table here not susceptible to heart disease.” -Man at church 

“You were in a sorority, you know how to be around people you don’t like.” -a friend 

“If you think about most of the Greeks we know, they’re really good at backing out last minute.” -Helen
  
“And then I started shoplifting so there's that. Carrots were the token vegetable.” -Jewel
   
“How was the wedding?” -Meredith
“Their bunny was the flower girl so that’s good. Someone had to pull it in a wagon.” -Meredith’s coworker
  
“Is that literally the premise of the show? She accidentally got artificially inseminated? Doctors must hate this show.” -Shaina

“And you got diabetes. From the ice cream maker you got at your wedding.” -Kathryn
  
“I wish there were more hours in a day and that boys were nice and bread didn’t make you fat.” -Shelley's students 

“So if I knew my boyfriend’s social security number, I could add him here and he could get engagement ads?” -Girl at work, on a way to refine targeted advertisements 

“There's a new preacher man in the blue line who says a lot. You shouldn't sleep with people before you're married, that one went really well on the train.” -Brigette
“The thing that bugs me the most is he has improper grammar.” -Barbara

“I accidentally got on the green line once instead of brown and I was like this doesn't feel right.” -Anne
“I got on pink once and there were a lot of Latinos and I was like whoops. Then you get in brown and it's like a fraternity & sorority party.” -Chad

“Why don't I get empathy? I'm assaulted by stupidity.” -Chad, on dumb trick or treaters

“It’s good communication skills which I lack at.” -Dean, on sitting at work without getting paid

“Let’s call the river the splash zone.” -Dad, on the Wallenda walk

“Why do Millennials move in odd numbers?”
“Because they can't even.” -Liz

"I want friend chicken." -American man at an all-inclusive hotel
"Go to Kentucky." -Dominican Republic man

"Everyone on this flight still seems to think they're at their all-inclusive hotel." -Southwest flight attendant

[As we argue over taking Lake Shore Drive or 94]
“At least you know where you’re going. People get in cabs at O’Hare and say they’re going downtown and I go yes, at least $40. And then they go, the address is 3624 W Addison. EEK.” -Cab driver

“People who live in the burbs and are married don’t do things.” -Kelly
“I live in the burbs.” -Cab driver

"How about barbecue at Bub City?" -Nick, on dinner plans 
“Don’t tell your parents. It’s a fasting period.” -Christy

“That’s the other reason you’re a Yiayia, because I don’t know what I’m allowed to touch in this house.” -John, to Penelope

"Don't we all want our hobbies to be our jobs? Like if I could get paid to watch Netflix...YEAH." -Lauren

"And I woke up at 6:30 am to take the turkey out of the refrigerator." -Brock

“His name is Dan Ryan? Like…the highway!” -Meredith

“Seven minutes til Wisconsin. My GPS will be your host for tonight. His name is Richard.” -Uber driver who pretended he didn’t have a license

“If I were homeless, I’d move into my parents’ lakehouse.” -Prentice
“I’m sure they would do the same if they had that option.” -Brigette
  
“For 8 people RSVPing ot this on Faebook, this is pretty good!” -Sherman, on his birthday dinner
  
"It could be worse. He could have a fat sister." -Ted on bridal parties
  
“He offered to drive me to airport. All about that boyfriend life.” -Ted

“Weirdest things on my Top 25 most played are two songs from Pitch Perfect. And I won’t say I’m in love from Hercules.” -Kathryn

“That’s a great wedding story if you’re there. Except if you’re the bride.” -on a hungover groom getting sick, Maria

“The only bad things about North Carolina are poisonous snakes and sales tax.” -Sophie

“We have like two feet of snow.” -Thea Stephanie
"Where do you live, Buffalo?” -Waiter

“This is the best bat mitzvah I’ve ever been to!” -8-year-old at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade watch party event
  
Funny family things
“Why travel before when you can travel the day of?” -Kira, on Thea always booking day of holiday flights

“Dad and I diagnosed Mom’s new kid as the house.” -Eleni 

“She's been a waterfall lately.” -Marie Ellias, on Laila

“My dad recently introduced him as his son-in-law, so there’s that.” -Marie Ellias, on her boyfriend

We give out king-size candy bars now so the trick-or-treaters really need us here. -Dad to Maria

“I think more of your friends than my friends are going to be at my wedding.” -Eleni

“I'll take the check.” -Thea Stephanie
“It's not like they were going to fight you for it.” -Sophie, on my sisters and I

"Where are the Reese's Puffs?" -Katie
"Probably in Maria's room." -Eleni
(Look and they're sitting on Maria's bedroom floor)

“The tardiness of people to church is a trauma to my soul.” -Papou

“The church has a bock sell next week.” -Yiayia Nikie, trying to say bake sale

“I’m really bad at airports so I need a lot of time. I always go to the wrong gate, or random things like that.” -Eleni

Instagram likes rule
“I feel so inferior when I get 43 likes. And she got 168 on a selfie.” -Maria, on our cousin Sophie

“I got 55 likes on our family picture with Katie’s headgear, which was good.” -Maria

“40 likes in 5 minutes? 17 in 13 minutes is nothing compared to that!” -Maria

“Maria's like my 17 likes in 13 minutes is not enough!!” -Katie
“Yeah me and my friends get super competitive with selfies and stuff.” -Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment