Sunday, November 30, 2014

A trip to our Nation's Capital

At the beginning of October, I cashed in some Frequent Flyer miles to visit friends in Washington D.C.!

I had visited DC two other times before while Kara was at Georgetown, but finally go to go when I was 21 and could see what post-grad life is like in Washington.

I had only ever flown into Dulles or taken a train, so there was nothing like landing into Reagan Airport, as it is right against the Potomac River and feels like the plane is going to land in the water.

Kalyn, who I stayed with, lives in the Columbia Heights neighborhood, while Amy lives closer to the Capitol. For just a few days, we got to do quite a lot. While both of them were at work, I went to the Newseum and four Smithsonians- Air & Space, American Indian, the Art Gallery and American History Museums. Amy & I checked out H Street for Dinner, and then Kalyn and I joined her friends on U Street for the evening.

The next day, we hung around Georgetown, Foggy Bottom, DuPont Circle and even got to see Kara who was coming through town with her boyfriend to see their college friends. Sunday, after getting to see St. Sophia Greek Orthodox Cathedral, we shopped the Eastern Market and biked the Capitol area to see all of the memorials. It was a packed 72 hours but exciting to see all DC has to offer, especially for free.

Kalyn and I by the Capitol
Amy and I at Fox News, where she works
Kalyn, me and Amy while we Capital Biked the monuments
Eastern Market in Washington D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment