Saturday, December 13, 2014

Congratulations, Lauren!

Lauren is one of my co-workers who started around the same time as I did. As co-workers who started together on the same track, Type A girls and movers to the city at the same time, we were quick friends. Last Christmas, Lauren’s fiancĂ© Lee proposed and voile, they scheduled a November 30 wedding (their 5th anniversary of dating).

Although I’ve been to other weddings and seen plenty of people get married, Lauren and Lee’s wedding was close to me both sentimentally and physically. Lauren and I sit two rows apart at work, and I really had the chance to experience wedding planning with her. Whether it was browsing Etsy links throughout the day, watching the invitations arrive at her desk, evaluating the bridesmaid gifts and watching her DIY create the bouquets, Lauren and Lee’s wedding showed me just how much work a wedding is.

Top lessons:

  • Every little detail matters. Whether it’s the centerpiece, the table number, place card or weight of the paper, these are all decisions that you consciously have to make (as unappealing as some might be!).
  • Every bride needs a hot glue gun.
  • The rehearsal dinner and wedding guest list grow quickly, especially once you calculate your friends that need to bring +1s to both events. :). 
Lauren and I at Salvatore's
Starcom crew!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren looks beautiful—and actually, everyone looks awesome! Congrats to the bride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish, I could attend this wedding. I am very impressed from your wedding planning. You have chosen best venue for your wedding. Guys, I am planning my wedding in Chicago. And right now, am looking for Chicago Wedding Venues. Do you have any idea about Chicago venues?

    ReplyDelete