Monday, February 3, 2014

Esurance #FTW


Although Budweiser's Puppy Love was my favorite ad of the Super Bowl, I think from a Millennial perspective, the real winner of the Super Bowl #adbowl was Esurance (coincidentally, a Starcom client!).

Besides John Krasinski resonating with our generation, our inner competitive sense wants to keep tweeting after seeing the spot, thinking we are special enough to win the $1.5 million.

Looking at a small sample of those I follow on Twitter, specifically, a "friends list" of tweets I read the most, most of the tweets when the commercial ran immediately said #EsuranceSave30. Granted, there are a few outliers, but the call-to-action was clearly articulated and the consumer benefit was clear.

What's even better, from an advertising perspective, is that the conversation keeps going. MagicRecs on Twitter just sent me a message that many of my friends (especially those that tweeted) started to follow @EsuranceMillion on Twitter. Just a few minutes ago, I saw a tweet from a friend that said  "No phone today, so I guess that only means one thing. #EsuranceSave30"

Will we think of Esurance first when it comes to insurance? Maybe one day, so it's a great first investment in our age group. Allstate and Esurance for the win!



Screenshots of my Twitter list after the Esurance commercial

No comments:

Post a Comment