Tuesday, December 3, 2013

November quote list

Continuing the tradition, here are some highlights from November's quote list! To see September or October, click there or check out the quotes tag.  

On adulthood:
"Except you can golf for free the day of the wedding at this location." -Steve, on comparing wedding venues
"Why will you need to golf the day of our wedding?" -Helen

"My 14 year-old sister just told us to stay safe." -Susan, on her 25th birthday

"I don't think we're old until we're 30." -Hannah, on adulthood

"They just took fireball shots on their date- #worstdateever" -Hannah

"The first time I heard of a man playing flag football he was 7 and a boy." -Susan



"We're stealing cable - it involves a paper clip somehow." -Kara, on her apartment in Brooklyn

"I'm just really worried about his credit score because it'll be hard for us to buy a house." -a friend's cousin, who is only 21 years old and shouldn't be worrying about this

"And the Trader Joe's line is one in one out." -Alyssa, on living in New York City

"I’m really happy I ended up going because my mom’s cousin was there- she’s pregnant and I really want to be the Nouna." -Penelope, on the unwritten who will be the godmother contest

“I wanted to get you some ouzo but I didn’t have any left.” -a parishioner to Dad, typical Greeks regifting

A waiter talking about the crumber tool that scrapes crumbs at restaurants:
“It’s a weird thing that I never have the opportunity to use.” -the waiter at Ketel One Club in United Center

“He's like everyone's so nice here and I'm like who?” -Dean, about a classmate in the Loyola MBA program complimenting other students

“She's going to take you into the movie after a half hour Powerpoint presentation. …Just kidding.” -Screenvision guy at The Hunger Games: Catching Fire 

Next time we move, if it's us and were not engaged, I'm prioritizing in house laundry. -Hannah, on our apartment hunt

“And then after court I went and spent $600 at Old Orchard.” -Becca, on post-grad life

“I don’t have any hobbies. I just graduated college, I’m working, that’s enough.” -Becca, to the person screening her at jury duty asking about hobbies

“My likes are worth a million dollars. I’m just a passive observer on Facebook.” -Becca, on being a Facebook stalker but only rarely interacting 

"Dude, you're so maternal." -Max, to a guy friend- compliment or not? 

“We have a baby, do we still need to wait in the line?” -Man at Kohl’s on Black Friday
“Absolutely!” -Employee at Kohl’s
“My dog is at home and I have to feed it, can I not wait in line? Who do people think they are?” -Employee

“She was getting rid of me to go socialize with Erma!” -Meredith, on her grandmother at the nursing home

“We have an under 5, under 30 and old people table.” -George S., on his family Thanksgiving 

“I took a day off of work to take Yiayia to the DMV.” -George S., on life in a Greek family

“I think that I don’t have money for food next week. Like I have two dates so I cover enough meals. No I’m not joking. Tickets are 200+.” -a friend, on post-graduate life as a broke grad paying off loans

Airport experiences: 


"If you have items in your pocket, you'll receive a free massage compliments of our friends at TSA." -TSA woman

"Daddy what does delayed mean?" -A 6-year-old girl
[The whole gate for the ORD to LGA turns around in shock and mouths drop]
"That's a bad word at the airport honey." -6-year-old's father

"Your luggage is too fat m'aam." -American Airlines guy
"No it isn't, it fits!" -Woman stuffs it into the test bag rack
"But can you get it out?" -Airport attendant

“I feel so bad when all the flights get cancelled because all the passengers are pissed and I’m like YES!” -Hannah's friend who is a flight attendant

And to end with some amusing family quotes: 


"A lady stopped by to bring some bread from the monastery. I wish you were here, since I’m not supposed to eat bread." -Yiayia Nikie, on getting rid of food


“And we have evidence that someone is staring through that window. A raccoon.” -Dad

“When my kid has flat Stanley, I’m going to tear it up and say you’re not doing this.” -Eleni
  
“Once I crash a car, you can yell at me for my driving.” -Eleni

If I go through your Facebook pictures I can see the guys hugging you extra tight and see who’s going out with you. -Dad

“My boyfriend, Alex, and I decided that if we ever have a kid we’re going to name him or her Alex so we can say hi, we’re Alex. All 3 of us.” -our cousin Alex

“Junior year my bio teacher had acetone, which is the stuff that makes the nail polish smell good.” -Eleni, on enjoying the smell of nail polish

“That’s not FOMO, that’s MO.” -Dad, on not being tagged in a Facebook album

“And Scott taught me how to do checkins so even though we flew into Midway, I don’t want my friends to think I’m cheap so I checked into O’Hare when we drove by.” -Thea Lucy, on checking into Four Square from the airport

Me: Papou, did you bring the cranberry sauce?
Papou: No, but this parishioner made us this jello.
(Greeks mooching)

Papou: Have you decided on a major yet, Eleni?
Eleni: Yes, I’m going to study English and secondary education. I’m going to be a hot high school teacher. 

“Describe the cranberry vodka for me. What does it taste like?” -Papou, at Thanksgiving dinner

“It doesn’t matter what was in our house, it could all be considered a projectile weapon.” -Dad, on growing up in the Artemas home

"I’m going to post a picture of pumpkin pie online and everyone’s going to comment JEALOUS. I don’t agree with posting pictures of food on the Internet." -Dad, on Thanksgiving 



“Sometimes if you want things done well, you have to do them yourself.” -Papou, and we wonder where we get our stubbornness from 

No comments:

Post a Comment