Monday, December 16, 2013

The art of making decisions

A simple phrase on the radio caught my ear:
"The most important decisions are often the easiest."

As the campaign tagline for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, I am moved by this simple phrase that guides the power of making decisions. Naturally, I looked up Blue Cross Blue Shield's creative advertising agency of record, which is McGarry Bowen in Chicago. The campaign's video ads linked here are not my favorite, since I don't think they deliver on the insight as well as the audio spots do, but check them out and see what you think yourself.

The truth in this statement teaches a consumer more than how to overcome the overwhelming decision of where to get health insurance (wait, Healthcare.gov isn't working?). It allows individuals to relate to Blue Cross Blue Shield brand's position by considering the other decisions they make daily and in the grand scheme of their lives.

As humans and not potential consumers- where to live, what industry to work in, who to be friends with…should be simple decisions. These do not have to be complicated matters, because if you are truly confident and going to buy into your own decision, there will be no hesitation. This nicely-crafted tagline will stick in my brain as I strive to see the big picture in important decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment