Monday, October 14, 2013

COOL APPS: Testing out iOS7

Like a true digital vanguard and constant attempt to be an early adopter, I spent this morning reading technology blogs about the features of iOS7, and specifically, how to save battery life. There is nothing more frustrating than low battery percentages on your phone when it's just sitting in your purse with WiFi, location trackers and other apps sucking it away.

I learned a lot from some reading, like the clock app icon being an actual clock, how to block calls and more. But the third point in this Mashable piece showed me the very exciting news that the Compass iPhone app now has a level.

As the tenant of a new apartment that my roommate and I are currently decorating, this news leaves me dumbfounded as we just hung up all of our frames using our own eyes as level, semi-upset that we didn't own the tool.

So for good measure (pun intended), I went to a few of our frames and put the level on them to see how we did.

Testing out the new iPhone level on the Compass app

And look- it is perfectly straight!

For more iPhone tips, ways to save battery life on iOS7, and detailed directions on how to turn off AirDrop, Bluetooth, background app refresh and other battery suckers, click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment