Thursday, October 31, 2013

City Living: The run-ins continue

I thought yesterday's edition of city living was exciting, since it's not everyday I share a cab with strangers and exchange business cards. But on just another average Wednesday (hump day!) after work, a long day of catching up on correspondence from my travels suddenly turned around.

The lesson of the day: Never underestimate where you'll run into or meet people.

  • On the L: Sprinting onto the Red Line after work around 6 p.m., I looked up and right next to me  on the same car was a friend from Mizzou and one of his co-workers. We had just seen each other and caught up on the drive back to Chicago after Homecoming this past weekend, so it was a comical run-in. The train went by quickly hanging out, meeting his co-worker and realizing he went to Iowa State with my good friends Helen & Steve, and knew them from Greek life there. Small world! 
  • On the street: While my roommate Hannah and I were walking to the Lakefront path for some evening exercise, I saw my high school choir teacher on the street. It was raining, but we gave each other a hug and said a quick hello! 



It's always exciting to see familiar faces in Lakeview. Up next: seeing what random adventures or run-ins will occur on Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment