Thursday, June 20, 2013

Suburban woes: North Shore edition

Now that I'm back home living in the suburbs, I'm in the transitional stage of observance and comparison. Not only observing what lifestyle routines are different when living with your family again and living in a suburb rather than on a campus, but also comparing situational nuances to how college students deal with similar thing.

In a well-populated area of suburbanites, here's a list that my friends and I have come up with titled "suburban woes" - realizations, issues, complaints and funny moments that happen every day. All of these aren't even jokes, they have actually happened since we've been home to someone or another, or we've seen it happening. When you read each of these, envision yourself saying 'Uh oh! There are no bigger problems in life!' after each one. Enjoy!


You have to move the car closer to the driveway or the neighbor might hit it!


I see my whole high school on the Metra.


Plaza del Prado (the shopping center) is flooded after that storm!



The park got new benches! 
New benches at the Glenview Dairy Bar
Who goes inbound toward the city at 5 p.m.? That's not a commuter schedule! 

We have to take the lighted tree down because neighbor complained it was too bright and the town sent us a letter to remove it. 


I can’t talk in the Metra’s quiet car!

I can barely drive down my street because there are so many landscaping companies mowing the lawns and taking up the road!

Waiting for the Madison Avenue stairs at Union Station is the longest part of your commute.

I have to move to the side of the street when I'm biking and cars drive by- ugh.

You have to straighten your hair and wear nice clothes to the Little League baseball game. 

No where is open to go out after 10 p.m.!

A woman looks at you at the frozen yogurt store and says “I’m going to leave my dog here while I order, let me know if you see it run away.”

Do you have anything you would add?

No comments:

Post a Comment