Wednesday, January 11, 2012

An eventful week

The more I think about it, 2010 & 2011 have been two of the most eventful years of my life. I've traveled a ton, studied abroad, done service work in Mexico & Joplin, served on committees and worked on teams that I will never forget. I'm always on the go and always happy that way, so I keep doing it. This past week was a great way to kick off the year because we did just that, adding to that list of memories & seeing how much you can do in a short period of time!

Starting a week ago, I hosted some friends for a pre-celebration of my 21st birthday. Since not everyone lived in Chicago, we planned a lot of outings, hit up a lot of restaurants, and stayed at the Hilton Chicago downtown for a cocktail party!

Sherman, Kathryn, me, Shaina & Andrew
(all of our "roommates" for next year except Laura who is in Spain!)

I'll never understand how this happened, but in my two bedroom suite reservation, we got a beautiful suite on the 18th floor with three rooms- a main room with a king bed, living room & bar, a king bedroom & a twins bedroom- with four bathrooms. It was lake view too- and we were able to see all the way from Navy Pier to Soldier Field! We had 29 people come throughout the night and 18 sleep over!

The night view on the Navy Pier side, you can see the Ferris Wheel in the distance!

The sunrise view- Adler Planetarium/Field Museum side!
Even Maria & Eleni made it!

Sisters
The hotel itself is beautiful, and is where GBN had prom. The Torch alumni took a photo by the huge Christmas tree downstairs! 

Alyssa, Michelle, me, Kara & Meredith
 The next day, we roamed Michigan Avenue and stopped at the Grand Lux Cafe!

Mizzou group

If those 24 hours weren't packed enough, we ate and walked Wrigleyville that night, and did the suburbs the next day ending in Whirlyball! Whirlyball is a fun game with bumper cars and scoreboards where you on teams, try to score with a scoop. Eight of us went!



This trip was one of the things I was looking most forward to this year and it went incredibly well! After a crazy week being around a lot of friends, I took a small trip to Ohio for the end of break to visit family & friends! I'm glad to make the most out of this time before one day, it's all spent working! Thanks to everyone who came to things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment