Friday, March 11, 2011

My First Surprise

Tuesday morning, I was surprised for the first time in my life. As a naturally curious (or nosy) person...and a journalism major, it's hard to be surprised at things when you're constantly trying to discover them.

Four people stormed up the stairs around 5 in the morning, but I had no idea what time it was, where my phone or glasses were or what to wear. They screamed "CONGRATULATIONS KATIE, YOU MADE HOMECOMING STEERING COMMITTEE!!!" as they dragged me out of bed...literally. Kidnapping is the thing to do at Mizzou for campus activities, so the rest of the morning was surreal.

After spending the morning with the new and former steering committees, it took going to class, 45 wall posts, 12 texts and two phone calls to realize that this was it. It was such an accomplishment to receive something I applied and went through two rounds of interviews for. To have the opportunity to serve on the Centennial Homecoming Steering Committee--I still don't believe it.

For future reference, here is the Mizzou Homecoming blog and here is the website. If you click steering committee, you'll see the names and some bios!

I look forward to sharing my experiences with you, but more importantly....buying a whole new wardrobe of black and gold business attire :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment