Sunday, November 14, 2010

The last weekend in Columbia

With Thanksgiving break approaching, this was the last weekend in Columbia until Dec. 4! I can cleverly say I will have been in four states in one week over break as I take off for Boston, home, Kansas City and back to Missouri!


Emily, Alex and I!
Lesson from the above photo: I have this habit of purchasing beautiful high-waisted skirts and not thinking that I need tops to tuck into them! Gift idea for Katie? Cute tank tops and long-sleeve shirts for my skirts! Thank you!

Phi Mu Semi-Formal 2010
Shelley and I getting ready! Lesson from the photo: Shelley's dress is from Von Maur and qualifies as gorgeous black and gold attire. If you come across any black and gold attire (business, professional, cute, etc.) or heels like mine (I need more!) and want to buy them for me for Christmas, go for it ;).

Here is a few of us in the living room waiting to get on the bus to the country club for semi-formal! Instead of taking dates, five girls from the house and I took a group of our friends and had a fun night!

The Tigers proved our undefeated record at home by beating Kansas State in today's last home football game! It was the coldest of of our games all season (we actually have to wear jackets in Missouri now...what?!), but this fit in with the blackout attire since we could layer as many black coats on as we wanted to.


Sherman's 'Surprise' Birthday Dinner
For once, I was actually pretty excited that within my group of friends, we had kept this dinner a secret all week. Literally. That is a huge challenge for a group of journalism-major-Type A-gossipy individuals who are constantly sharing a variety of information with each other. So here are the lessons I learned after we ate at Jina Yoo's:
  • 1- When you make an event on Facebook that's a surprise, don't put anyone's name in the subject line. Because since Facebook events are on the right sidebar, anyone can see them that glances over at your computer (in the room, during class, etc.)
  • 2- I cannot singlehandedly control everything. People started to arrive for our dinner reservation between 6-6:30, and Sherman had an interview for a class and didn't have his phone on. We did not know where he is or have any control or manipulation over when he got home and to this dinner. But everything worked out!! The restaurant host and I discussed a deal where I said "Katie for 3" when we walked in which really signified "Sherman for 15." I love nice people. But all in all, it was a successful event!
Hope that was an okay weekend update and have a great week before Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment