Sunday, November 21, 2010

Boston!

Here are some photos from my trip to Boston!

We started off Friday by meeting up with friends at Holy Cross/Hellenic College's Office of Vocational Ministry (OVM) and then took the T down to Faneuil Hall to shop, grab dinner and eat Mike's Cannoli!

Anna and I!
Outside of Faneuil Hall and the clock tower
Saturday we explored Boston's "Chinatown," nothing like New York's and nothing worth seeing. But the more I travel, the more things I learn like this, so we just happily headed onto Boston Commons and enjoyed the nice weather!

Faneuil Hall had the lighting of its Christmas tree so we went back with a larger group to see it! Almost as exciting as the Anastasi service when it goes from darkness to full of light...hah.
Then, we gathered the HCHC crew and everyone from out of town for dinner at Bertucci's.
Sunday after Liturgy, we went to Harvard Square and walked around the campus and some bookstores in the area. I was shocked at how Harvard has its own Ralph Lauren POLO line, $90 for a hoodless sweatshirt. Those New England luxuries.
Emily and I on the "quad"
We thought this building was a nice church we went toward to go inside. It's actually Harvard's undergraduate dining hall. Sad.

Later that evening, we saw Social Network. Monday morning, I went to class with Emily and then Emily, Anna and I went to Larz Anderson Park and then Boston College to walk around!

Here, I ran into Mizzou's Memorial Union!! Doesn't it look just like it?
All in all, it was great to reunite and catch up with friends, while realizing how small of a world it is as everyone knew everyone! Things were really put into perspective when we realized Holy Cross/Hellenic has about 200 students....the size of a sorority at Mizzou. Thus, it's nice to have a close community but I'm glad I where I am but would gladly return to the beautiful town of Boston for visits in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment