Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Art Institute

In my continual effort to go to free museum days, I stopped by the Art Institute after work last week to walk around.

Knowing that there are plenty more free days in the future, it was a relaxing experience to only walk through a few wings and know that I can go back another time soon. I explored the Modern Wing and the Impressionism section - covering the third and a majority of the second floor. I'm looking forward to going back!

This piece reminded me why I love chrysanthemums!
Monet. The whole impressionism wing made me want to go to France immediately.
The most interesting piece I came across in the Modern wing, titled White Crucifixion - blending paintings of Jews during the Holocaust with Jesus suffering on the cross

No comments:

Post a Comment