Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Referrals for the win

Referrals have to be one of the strongest business strategies ever used with Millennials.

Not only do they feed into our sense of competition, but they enhance the feeling of being acknowledged by offering rewards for recruiting your friends!

A few weeks ago, I got an email from Uber telling me that Uber was doubling its referral bonus for a limited time. When you referred a friend with your specialized code, not only would your friend get $20 in cab credit, but you would get $20 in credit too. I kept it in the back of my head that if someone didn't have the app, I'd recommend they get it and give them the code…but who didn't have Uber at this point?

The more emails they sent, the more competitively I became a brand advocate. I quickly learned plenty of people I knew did not have Uber. Friends who were home on break from college, my roommate and luckily enough, an entire group of Mizzou students who were visiting on a Mojo agency tour of Chicago.

After explaining how convenient taxi-calling apps like Uber are, let's just say I have free cabs for awhile :)  Now, I'm doing the same thing with new mobile apps that I download because I saw it successful with Uber. Referrals FTW (yes, that means for the win).

No comments:

Post a Comment