Monday, January 13, 2014

Lesson of the day: laugh at yourself

Sometimes, stupid things happen and rather than dwelling on them, you just have to laugh it off. I learned this yesterday, when I burned my forehead while trying to curl my hair with a 360 degree curling wand.

It's definitely visible. It's bruised. It probably burned off a layer of skin. It looks horrible. And a huge part of me wants to break out into tears at how upset I am about it.

But instead, I decided to hold it together by laughing at how ridiculous this is. An interesting yet functional coping mechanism, it seems to be working so far. Laughing at yourself feels like true transparency and gaining the ability to admit you've done something dumb…and aren't going to let it affect you forever. Try it out, and laugh with me!

A screenshot of the Snapchat I sent to some friends

No comments:

Post a Comment