Saturday, February 2, 2013

Learning to cook: recipe 1

I know this isn't a cooking blog, but I have to show off my first homemade meal. For my birthday, Shaina bought me a Williams-Sonoma cookbook called Potato since potatoes are my favorite food. Also, once you have a cookbook sitting there taunting you, you feel like a horrible person when you don't cook something in it.

So in some free time yesterday, I decided to try my first recipe: potato gnocchi. I didn't have a potato masher, but still managed to make the dough and then cook it like pasta & fry it in butter. While it was difficult, took 2 1/2 hours to make and a lot of pans - it worked! It tastes amazing to eat something you know you made from scratch.

Check it out!

Potato gnocchi pasta with peas, carrots and alfredo sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment