Monday, December 12, 2011

Turning points


My friend Alex and I are inspirational quote nerds. We love finding amazing words whether they are from Audrey Hepburn, Proverbs, quote books or other inspiring messages. Today, she emailed me this one:

"I found that every single successful person I've ever spoken to had a turning point and the turning point was where they made a clear, specific, unequivocal decision that they were not going to live like this anymore. Some people make that decision at 15 and some people make it at 50 and most never make it at all."

Mine was junior year of high school. I made the decision to get myself organized. I cleaned my room, wrote things down in a planner, decided to work a part-time job in my "free time" and grew up. I worked as an editor for the school newspaper, took my section and myself seriously and continued to work hard at school while doing so. I made an active decision to no longer be a procrastinator who remembers everything in my head. I pursued scrapbooking to keep track of all my high school and life memories from that stage on. It's also when I truly identified the Type A in me and acted upon those ambitious qualities. 

But I urge you to think, what is YOUR clear decision that caused a turning point in your way of life? Have you had it yet? Are you happy with the changes made after that? If not, it's not too late to change that. It requires strength and determination. You have that in you, now let it shine to find your successful qualities.

It's important to note that just because you make that revolutionary decision does not mean you are set up for success. It's all about the attitude you have as a result of the decision. You have to actively pursue things, they don't just come to you. Every successful person was not God's gift to Earth and doesn't go around thinking that. They decided what they wanted, kept a positive mindset and lived with assertiveness. So think about it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey,I was really touched by the few line of your post that is its not just physical voice you should have that spirit and feeling inside you that people want to hear you.
    Learn Spanish Language

    ReplyDelete