Monday, March 12, 2012

Where has this semester gone?

Where have I been the past month? I haven't really posted any photos since going to Colorado, making me wonder, what do I actually do in my time? Homework? Meetings? Clearly not sleeping.

Comically enough, I went to Kansas City or St. Louis four out of the past five weekends, for very random reasons. Flying out of the St. Louis airport to Colorado, the Phi Mu sisterhood retreat in Kansas City, a MOJO presentation at an advertising agency in Kansas City and a musical in St. Louis. Freshman and sophomore years, I remember the spring semester being dead in Columbia on the weekends but now, it's reversed and I feel like I'm missing out on things!

Taking a moment to pause and actually think about how I've been spending my time how much opportunity there is in college. Opportunity not only to travel, but to go on adventures, see various groups of people and get involved. So take a minute to check out these photos and figure out where your dear friend has been!

This photo was taken at the St. Luke Greek Orthodox Church dinner dance. Mizzou has gone in the past few years from having three active Greek Orthodox college students to having an excellent group meeting every week. Gregg, Yianni and I felt like happy parents realizing what we have created. Our productive meetings, interesting lectures and upcoming retreat have really shown us that Orthodox Christian Fellowship can exist anywhere if we put in the time and the resources!

Before the Phi Mu sisterhood retreat, Shelley (currently living in Kansas City and student teaching during her last semester) invited our pledge family over for a bonding night! We ate a homemade dinner, caught up and shopped at the Plaza in Kansas City. What lovely sisterhood!

As my sorority's sisterhood chair, I planned our retreat at the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City, Kansas!
We had 25 rooms and got to cheer on the Tigers watching the Mizzou-Kansas game and playing at the water park!

We facilitated sisterhood activities at night, and here's everyone in the chapter that went.

Mizzou Basketball! Our last home game was against Iowa State, but we've continued to be the Big 12 Champions and a No. 2 seeded team in the NCAA Tournament! If we're not at games, we're watching them! MIZ!

MOJO- Team Maven. Every Thursday when we present our progress to our professors (management team), we choose a theme to dress to. Last week was groutfits- gray outfits- a popular theme in the Artemas family as well. MOJO has been a great time commitment but I'm excited to see the work we produce!
MOJO members pose in Kansas City after presenting our State of the YAYA (youth and young adult) report at an advertising agency.
Relay For Life Steering Committee members pose while canning to fundraise downtown. Relay is four days away and has already fundraised $55,000, trying to hit $100,000!
Kate and I saw American Idiot, the Green Day musical, at the Peabody Theater in St. Louis!

Jen, me, Alex and Jordin smile at Phi Mu Founders Day- 160 years!

Homecoming Steering Committee members rise early (4 am!) to surprise next year's committee!

Oh...and spending some time out with friends too. Emily, me and Alex!


I think the most exciting news of this past month was I was admitted into the graduate school program at the Missouri School of Journalism, so I'll officially be receiving a Master of Arts in Journalism-Strategic Communication next May! I'll also be the TA for MOJO instead of on a team, so yay for waived tuition and phenomenal experience planning the Strategic Communication Career Fair! In the olden days, you would have saved your acceptance letter. But it's 2012, so I'll remember important moments by screenshots on my iPhone. I first found out from a text message that acceptance emails were out, and after telling a few friends in a class, word spread quickly. Yay for nice friends and text messages!


iPhone screenshot post grad school acceptance

We'll see where the next month takes me with Relay For Life, spring break and MOJO work!


No comments:

Post a Comment